The Urban Gardening Coalition is meeting this Thursday, March 25th at 4:00pm at the Cooper Foundation (1801 Austin Ave. – directions below). Minutes from last month’s meeting can be found here. This month’s agenda is (with some wiggle room for other really important things):
- Welcome and Introductions.
- Review of UGC Mission/Vision. Background on UGC Projects.
- Garden Reports/Updates.
- Report from UGC’s Board of Directors Meeting.
- Presentation at Caritas on the Savings of Growing a Garden.
- Upcoming Partnerships/Projects: First Baptist Church. Downtown Farmers Market.
- UGC Membership dues.
- The George E. Wolfe Jr. Urban Gardening Memorial Scholarship.
- Brighter Planet Foundation Funding. Vote 4/1-4/15.
- Beyond the Backyard – Part 3. March 27th. 9am-12pm. Topics: Composting and Budgeting and Funding the Garden.
- WHRI Farm Day. Sign up to table for the Urban Gardening Coalition. April 10, 9am-4pm.
Other Announcements and Upcoming Events.
Then we conclude. And go our merry little ways. Attached are last months minutes. Please check back often to find out about upcoming events and ways to be involved in urban gardening here in the Heart of Texas.
The easiest way to get to the Cooper lot is to come through one of the Community Bank and Trust entrances off Austin and Washington. The Cooper House has limited parking (perhaps ten spaces) in the lot behind the house. Please use these first. Once the Cooper lot is full, please use the overflow parking indicated on the map. The bank generously leaves these spaces available for groups using the Cooper House. Parking beside the wooden fence congests the driveway to the bank and thus is strongly discouraged. Entrances to the House are marked with an X.