At the UGC meeting on Thursday (6pm at the Mayborn Museum), show up for the Spring Seed Extravaganza. Seed distribution has been made possible through donations from Seed Savers Exchange and Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. Seeds will be available to school and community gardens (10 packets/garden) – as well as home gardeners (5 packets/person). Please consider making a donation to the Coalition to support other UGC garden programming.
Seeds available include:
- herbs: holy basil, milk thistle, fennel, cardoon, cumin
- tomatoes: cherry, large and tomatillos
- mustard greens
- melons: cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon
- snap beans, soy beans, lima beans
- winter squash (including stellar-sounding varieties such as Yugoslavian finger fruit and pink banana squash)
- gourds: birdhouse and decorative
- and pink-eye purple hull southern peas
Please consult the Waco Planting Timeline for specifics of when to plant. Reservations will not be made. Please send a garden representative to obtain your seeds. Soon the Coalition will be establishing its home gardener membership and partner garden guidelines and fee scales – which will ensure that all partner gardeners of the Urban Gardening Coalition have access to heirloom and organic seeds for their growing pleasure.