- The Texas Manual on Rainwater Harvesting: http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/publications/reports/rainwaterharvestingmanual_3rdedition.pdf
- Texas A&M/Cooperative Extension Service’s Rainwater Harvesting Manual:http://urbansolutionscenter.tamu.edu/media/415/rainwaterharvesting_b-6153.pdf
- Texas Agrilife Bookstore: https://agrilifebookstore.org/publications_search.cfm (enter ‘rainwater’ in the title search field and click ‘contains’)
- Water Wise Austin:www.waterwiseaustin.org
- Jazz up your Rain Barrel: http://www.aquabarrel.com/learn_paint_a_barrel.php
- Rainwater Barrels and Supplies: http://www.aquabarrel.com/
- Report on the Effect of Roofing Material on Rainwater Harvesting: http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/iwt/rainwater/docs/rainquality/Final_Report_013110.pdf
- American Rainwater Catching Systems Association:http://www.arcsa.org
- Supply from the Sky – Rainwater Harvesting Manual from New Mexico: http://www.ose.state.nm.us/water-info/conservation/Albq-brochures/rainwater-harvesting.pdf
Also – Local suppliers of Barrels for starting your own Rainwater Catchment System (as gleaned from advice from other Coalition members):
- Bellmead connection: Sells 275/300 gallon water tanks for $45 and 55 gallon water barrels for $4.Phone number is 254-799-4480. He lives out in Bellmead (710 Wilson Rd.) and has a bunch to sell.
- Ready Clean – 55 gallon barrels $7-10. 108 S. Robinson Dr. Robinson, TX 76706. 254-662-0855.
- Texas Rainwater Tanks – 1,000-10,000 gallons. 7910 Burleson Road, Bldg 2. Austin, TX 78744. 512-389-1099.