As seed companies clear their racks to make way for the new growing season, old seeds are donated to community growing projects. Be prepared to pay shipping and handling ($10-15) for 100+ packets of seeds. However, most of these seed companies distribute heirloom or organic seeds – valued at $3.00/packet. Well worth the price of shipping and handling.
- Seed Savers Exchange (Herman’s Garden Program) – ongoing
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange (contact about donation program) – ongoing
- Seeds of Change – January 1 – March 1
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds (contact about donation program) – ongoing
- High Mowing Organic Seeds (contact about donation program) – ongoing
Not heirloom or organic – America the Beautiful Fund Seed Donation Program – ongoing.